4.22.2015

Motivating Yourself for Finals

So finals are around the corner. But I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. I'm sure you're procrastinating on whatever it is: exams, papers or for me, drawings and renderings. It's so hard for me to motivate myself to start getting ready for finals. I just don't want to go through the early morning/late nights, endless cups of coffee, no sleep, and never leaving the library or study room for HOURS again.

But, unfortunately, it is now that time again. It came way too fast, but there's nothing we can do to stop it. So all we can do now is study, study, study and motivate ourselves to get there! Here are some of the tips that I'm using to motivate myself for finals.


Taking Lots of Study Breaks// I get so distracted so easily, but once I get started and really into something, I tend to work on it for a really long time with no break. Then once I'm done, I'm super burned out and I don't want to do anything else. So I've started setting timers for working for 20-30 minutes and taking a 10 minute break to just walk around and grab another cup of coffee.

Snacks// I always keep candy with me to munch on while I'm working in the library or my dorm study room. I know that's not healthy, so I've started grabbing some other healthy snacks to eat while I'm sticking doing hours and hours of drawing.

Friends// Nothing is worse than sitting in a study room alone while you're doing hours and hours of work. So it's so much easier to want to do something around your friends instead of just starring at the wall or your computer. If your friends are sitting down doing their paper or flashcards you're going to be more inclined to do your work.

Quotes// Some people live and swear by quotes, I'm not really one of those people. But I know they can help for some people. It could be helpful to write motivational quotes in your planner, on your wallpaper of your computer or phone.

What do you do to motivate yourself to do/study for finals?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...